Monday, April 5, 2021

Crocuses

 Last week I'd seen this on the Meewasin Vally Association's Instagram

and I was all like "WHAT!? ALREADY!?" It seemed early, but, despite the early and very heavy snowfall, we had a pretty ild winter and an early melt... it could happen. I wanted to get out to the spots where I'd usually find them, but as we were heading into a long weekend, I was also somewhat reluctant to do so as there would be HUNDREDS of people out on the trails. I was a little worried I might miss them!

I have since noticed it was an April Fools joke... 

Well played, MVA, well played... 

You got me... 

I did get out to one of the trails where I usually see crocuses Monday morning. 

I was relived to see, I had not missed them! 

Indeed it looked like they were just starting to bloom. 

I find them in a few spots along the east river bank of the South Saskatchewan River. 

Lots of buds just poking up. 

Lots and lots of them. 

There are no crocuses in this picture. I just liked the look of the lichen on the rock. 

Another one! 

Ice breaking up on the river and getting stuck at the weir. The greens and blues looked very pretty in the noonday sun. 

I'll probably make some more trips later this week - and head a little further north - to were there are usually larger patches. 

No comments:

Post a Comment