Thursday, May 3, 2018

Spring Rides

It's spring! It's time to get out and ride... well... get out and ride just for the sake of getting out and riding - not just to get somewhere - like the riding we do every other day...

So today we went out and did a quick tour of the north and south bridges.



At the north end of the loop - crossing the Circle Drive Bridge.



Heading back down the east side of the river we past a big patch of crocuses! Of course once I noticed these I spotted a few more here and there along the edge of the riverbank.



It's been a long time since I've seen crocuses... somehow I seem to have missed them the last... I don't know how many years....



It used to be something I'd always see every spring - on those first trail rides in the spring - usually north of the Circle Drive bridge along those trails that are now part of the dog park.



Usually spotted them on rides with Amanda. But it's been a long time since we've gone for regular trail rides... Today she's on a plane to Quebec City for a conference.



A little further along, near the train bridge there were scores of swallows swooping and diving and darting about over the river and above us on the east bank. Must have been a lot of bugs app there, or something. The plus side of a late spring is I still haven't seen any mosquitoes!



Nearing the south end of our loop. Gordie Howe Bridge in sight.

I recently picked up a fancy new GPS bike computer - I thought it would be fun to keep track of all the cycling I do in a year - just to see how much I actually do DO! I picked it up a week or so ago, but finally sat down and figure out how to use it on the first. Started using Strava too...

No comments:

Post a Comment