Wednesday, August 3, 2022

2022 Rides - Weeks Thirty

Slacked off on Monday again, but got caught up on the previous two weeks of posts... and got some drawing finished up... 

I did have to go out to get Kerian to an appointment later in the afternoon/early evening. 

There were some CrAzY clouds on the way downtown

We got to the appointment without getting rained on too much. 

It did rain for a bit while Keiran was in the appointment...

On the way home we spotted PILES of Cormorants on the cables going across the river! 

They were teetering and bobbing and looking like they were having a hard time balancing up there - which is unusual. Usually they sit up there quite perfectly still...

It wasn't windy, so I wondered if it was that the cables were wet and slippery from the rain, or if these are all young cormorants, unaccustomed to sitting on cables (or possibly some devious combination of the two!?) 

Tuesday I woke up to rain... didn't go anywhere... 

Wednesday I ran out to do some errands along 8th street. 

Picked up a copy of Stone Age from Dragon's Den (which we played the next day).

and some bulk pure sugar candy for the diabetic to deal with low blood-glucose events. And some more groceries at Superstore. 

In the evening I rode with Keiran to dance and rode out to pick them up later. 

Thursday I went out for a ride to drop off two pieces of art which are to be included in a show next month. After that I rode up to the Circle Drive Bridge, across to Sobey's at Preston Crossing and then back home through the University of Saskatchewan campus. 

There were SO MANY CROWS everywhere. 

This fist three I ran into as I worked my way past construction and the detour through the Shakespeare on the Saskatchewan site. I think they were running lines... I'm pretty sure I heard one of them say something about the "Thane of CAWdor"...?

Murder on the Tracks

I think they're plotting something... 

rolled into capus on a trail I haven't used in some time. 

Getting close to where Amanda works

This old crow was just finishing work so I rode home with her. 

I swear the whole ride home was just catching me up on the latest in the unending OFFICE DRAMA!? 

Saturday I made a quick trip up to Broadway for groceries... no pictures... 

And that was it for this week. Nowhere close to 200Km I was to do this past week... However, I did note that at the end of week 30 I was just over 3000Km for the year. The plan was to do 100Km per week plus eight weeks where I'd do and extra 100Km - originally that plan was to be july and august... as long as I manage to do 200Km a week for the NEXT eight weeks... and then 100Km a week for the rest of the year.... I COULD still make the 6000Km goal! 


No comments:

Post a Comment