Tuesday, July 3, 2007

My Road Racing Career

Here’s a picture of me and the Pink Bianchi at a road race in the spring of 2003 at Blackstrap. Next to me is Dean, who I talked into coming with me and was likewise about to ride in his first and last road race (as far as I know)…. Though I think Dean’s done a few Time Trials.

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version)

I think I also went out and rode one of Cycledelia’s Tuesday Nighters. I can’t remember if that was before or after the Blackstrap race… I think it was before…

After this I took up Cyclocross. More on that later…

I’m just not down with the road racing. I’m a) not nearly fit enough – not even back then - and b) just not into riding in a group on the road – especially at high speed in and ever shifting peloton! Fun to watch, no to ride in…

No comments:

Post a Comment