Sunday, February 21, 2021

Get Fit (Again) February - Week Three

 Well... last week was a bit of a wash... 

Even this week was pretty cold to start. It took a bit longer to warm up than Environment Canada had anticipated. 

It was Monday that they lifted the Extreme Cold Weather warning. 

When I went out to an appointment, it was still -25°C (-33 with the windchill - but it wasn't -45 anymore, so...). The ducks still looked cold. 

Still not a lot of people out on the trails. Looks like there's been some drifting across the trails in the last few weeks. 

It was crazy how much snow had come down here... 

It's not totally obvious without some sort of reference - so I dropped the bike for some. There were spots where the snow on the side of the trail was piled up to my armpit height! 

Not quite so cold in the trees. 

This one's for Shawn, if he's still reading... 

Still fog on the river. 

Still getting icicles on my face. 

I did two hikes later in the week with Keira - one over to get groceries on Thursday, and the other downtown to the library. 

Saturday I did another ride - like tuesday, I did an errand, but then took the super long, out-of-the-way "scenic" route home... but didn't take any pictures. 

Sunday I rode with Keira to dance class. Because friends can't come over to your house... but dance classes are still happening...? by the weekend it was almost getting up to  melting temperatures, so there were PILES Of people out on the trails. (if you look careful, there are 10 pedestrians on the trail in this picture!?) 


Not as much distance or time out as the first week... but still getting more activity in than last week - or any week through January! It's supposed to be warmer this week - so I imagine I'll be getting out and about more! 

No comments:

Post a Comment