Sunday, February 7, 2021

Get Fit (Again) February - Week One

 After a particularly sedentary and dpressing last few months, I've decided it's time to GET OUT RIDING again! Or walking!? Or whatever!? I just need to get out and get some fresh air and exercise. 

On the first I went out for a walk/run with Keira, because she'd decided she wanted to take up running and I thought maybe I'd try it out with her. It was really nice and warm out. I discovered that running really isn't my thing. We went about 2Km walking a block then running a block. I made it about 1.5Km and had to give up the running as I was worried I might utterly destroy my knees!? 

Tuesday, I did nearly a 20Km loop of the Circle and Gordie Howe Bridges. 

Wednesday I walked to Broadway with Keira and picked up groceries.  (The picture is on our walk home) 

Thursday I went for another ride. 

Again a loop including the Circle Drive and Gordie Howe bridges... but with a side-trip to Dragon's Den Games. 

It was getting a bit chillier through the week. 

bit of frost on the face..

Friday I just rode downtown with Keira for our weekly Library Run. It was cold. Like, -28°C with a -33 windchill. 

Saturday it was colder still! 

but I was determined to get out for another ride! EVERY DAY was the plan!!!

It was a shorter ride - well, shorter than the bridge loops earlier in teh week. Longer than the library run. I tried to keep to the singletrack by the river - to keep out of the wind. 

Cold ducks. 

So much fog on the river! 

More fog on the river. 

MOAR Frosty Face! 

Sunday... well...

waking up to -51 windchill, I decided I'd wait and see how it warmed up in the afternoon. It didn't much. I don't think the windchill got above -45... 

I decided to call it a "Rest Day"... 

It was disappointing to have to not get out for a day in the FIRST WEEK... 

But I still did more activity this week than any other week in the last few months... so...

It's a START at least! 

Unfortunately the forecast is saying more of the same for the rest of the week!? 

What a terrible month to try and start getting the physical activity up again!? 

4 comments:

  1. This looks WAY TOO COLD to be cycling outdoors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ehhhh... you get used to it.

    well, maybe not the -51!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Alan!

    Woke up to -52 again this morning...

    decided to call it ANOTHER "rest day"...

    ReplyDelete