Saturday, December 1, 2018

Global Fat Tire Day

Apparently today, 1 December 2018, is Global Fat Tire Day. The local Fatland Fat Tire Brigade organized some rides, but I decided to just go out for a ride on my own. I wasn't planning on going fast and knew I'd probably be stopping to take a lot of pictures - We've had fog this week and it's turned this city into a winter wonderland!



On the way out for my ride - I rode with Finnegan over to my folks - as he was going to spend the afternoon there with his grandad, playing games and stuff.








































AS I passed by the downtown I nipped into the library to do my regular Saturday drop off/pick up of things. I meant to take a picture of the trees at City Hall across from the library... for forgot..






















































My Steed for the ride - Surly Big Fat Dummy.






I took my time...



I took lots of pictures of rides all through the summer and fall - with every intention of posting them on the blog... I suppose I still could. Seems a little silly posting pictures of August rides in December, though...









6 comments:

  1. Really interesting post and great photos. Thanks for sharing them with us.
    Alan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tim, go ahead and post pics of your summer rides!
    -Shawn
    http://urbanadventureleague.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your ride and city look darn cold! Not much more forlorn looking than an ice encrusted, abandoned grocery cart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It wasn't actually THAT cold - as Saskatchewan winter days go - most of the week has been very mild (hence the fog).

    The cart was in the middle of a multi-use trail, miles from any place that would use shopping carts - it kind of took me by surprise being there - but looked kind of cool with all the frost on it.

    ReplyDelete