Sunday, April 17, 2022

2022 Rides - Week Fifteen

 

So... Monday... 

I didn't get out much this week. 

Most of that snow melted pretty quickly, but it was a cold week. 

I did get around to fixing the flat on the Yuba.. 

Tuesday I picked up Keiran from school on the Burly tandem and took them to an appointment downtown. 

On our way home we spotted a beaver!

 It was just munching away on some wood by the edge of the river. 

Munch! Munch! Munch! GOOSE!

Keiran, patiently waiting for me with the bike. 

Keiran went down for a closer look after I'd finished taking, like, a billion pictures... 

Maybe not a billion. 

a couple dozen, maybe... 

Also spotted a hare that had not changed coats. 

So many geese. 

On Friday I rode with Finnegan to the Dragon's Den. He got the new version of Sentinels of the Multiverse and some D&D books. I just grabbed some paint. 

More beaver. 

Went for another tandem ride with Keiran on Saturday.

Kayaker out on the river on Saturday. 

SO. MANY. GEESE!

MOAR GEESE! 

Keiran having a good look at the geese. 

it had been OVER a week since I last went out looking for Crocuses. I was a little worried I might have missed them - either they'd bloomed in the snow and were done or the sudden return to cold killed them off! 

As it turned out, the buds were all still there, and only ONE was just starting to bloom! 



it got SO cold, that part of the river iced over again - but it was very thin translucent ice. which trapped larger pans that had been floating down the river after the first break-up. 

When I got home, there was a small female downy woodpecker tapping away at a tree in the yard. 

It didn't even fly away and I got a few decent pictures! 

Hopefully warming up a bit this week! I expect those crocuses will be blooming tomorrow - we'll have to go for a ride and see! 

No comments:

Post a Comment