Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Bike-Art-Tober

 October seems to have become the month of daily drawing challenges. I think it started with Inktober, but now there are many different ones - some with themes, others, not-so-much. I've decided to get in on it again this year - and trying to stick to bicucle related themes. You can find all my pics over on my Art Blog or on Istagram

Here are a few of the drawings I've done so far this year... 

My old Cannondale Super-V (800?) in the back alley behind the Bike Doctor.

From a photo c2004 - when I sold it. I barely rode the thing. Only full-suspension bike I ever owned. In fact, it was the last suspension bike I ever owned. 



This little piggy went for a gravel ride. 

Cheetah (in the sprinter's jersey, of course) rides past the Arc de Triomphe on the last stage of the Tour. 

Portrait of The Artist as a Turtle Making His Morning Smoothie with the "Kitchen Ninja" Blender. 

Okay this might be stretching the bicycle theme - it's a drawing of a cyclist!?  Wearing cycling socks!? preparing for his morning ride!?

I plan to post a new drawing, every day, all month. I may not post them all here - so check out the  Art Blog or my Istagram page! 

2 comments:

  1. I like the idea of "Bike-Art-Tober". I did Inktober in 2019 and had a lot of fun, but then when I started Inktober 2020 I heard about all the bullshit surrounding the founder. I know that Inktober has become greater than Jake Parker, and I wanted to keep with the spirit of it, but didn't want to label my stuff as such anymore. Maybe I'll tag my stuff #bikeartober2021 ?

    Best,
    Shawn
    https://urbanadventureleague.wordpress.com/landing-page/

    ReplyDelete
  2. DO IT! I'm going to start using that too!

    ReplyDelete