Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Still More October Rides

 I thought THIS will be the week!  This is going to be the week that I get out and start going for 1-2 hour rides EVERY DAY... and I got off to a good start with a 30Km/2+ Hour ride with the Grrrlz. 

And then I crushed my finger on Tuesday... 

Out for a ride with the Grrrlz. 

Busy Beaver Work. 

Passing some other riders I know. 



If you look close there is a deer crossing the road. 

When we got back to the south bridge The Grrrlz headed home and I continued on up to the Circle Drive Bridge. They missed out on some more wildlife. 

Beaver

Same Beaver. 

I'm pretty sure this is an American Mink. I very rarely see them dashing in and out of the rocks along River Landing - as this one was doing. I tried getting other pictures, but the little blighter was just too quick and this is the only one that was remotely in focus. 

On Tuesday I crushed my finger in an overhead steel door at my Parents new condominium as I was helping them move in. 

I spent the next day resting.

Amanda was talking to our family doctor - as a follow up to things she was dealing with and mnetioned my misadventure. She suggested I head downtown for an x-ray. 

Walked downtown along the river, through all the leaves. 

Friday I tried riding downtown - slowly on the yuba (which is pretty stable and has a. pretty upright riding position. 

I went out for a ride to do errands on Saturday as well. Still hadn't heard back from our doctor, but she had suggested "buddying up" my finger - just in case. 

It had dropped considerably in temperature so mittens were required adding a whole new level of complexity - and occasional PAIN - to the endeavour. 

Ugh... 

Amanda heading out in a different direction. 

I went over to my folks on Sunday - to pick up the bike I'd left there (as they'd driven me home after I crushed my finger. .

Went for a VERY LONG walk on Monday. When I got back I FINALLY heard from my doctor and apparently the finger IS actually fractured... so now it's in a super-irritating splint for the next 4-6 weeks. 

Fun times... 

(Not really...). 

3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your fingers, hope they progress well and relatively quickly. Once more thanks for the pictures. I really enjoyed seeing your heimat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once your finger heals, you have to trick out your helmet with one of your own paintings.

    ReplyDelete