Thursday, August 1, 2019

July Rides



Well, I did get my ass in gear and got out for a few more (and a few longer rides) through July - or at least the last three weeks....



Here are a few pics of what I've been up to...

(and by "a few" I mean "A LOT"! Perhaps I should try and do this weekly - or at least fortnightly! I love the word "fortnightly" I think I will do these posts fortnightly from now on, just so I can use the word fortnightly more often!)

I post a lot of these on Instagram and Twitter - if you need more regular up-to-the-minute pics of stuff I've been up to check those out (just be warned - it's not all bikes - there is game geekery as well!)

Instragram: instagram.com/tim.in.saskatoon/

Twitter: twitter.com/timinsaskatoon



Sometimes, when I'm riding places, I spot a bike locked up somewhere and I go; "Hey, I know that bike! ________ must be here somewhere!"



Pelicans



The reflection of the clouds on the building kind of aligned with the clouds in the background and made me think of the S.H.I.E.L.D. helicarrier going into stealth mode...









So many Hares around town.







Murder Tree.



The city has started putting up sassy signs - this one, about sewer upgrades says "No Ninja Turtles will be harmed".



I think this is the real reason Keira's come along for rides with me and Susan - to play with the dogs at Susan's house.









Riding up the Chief Mistawasis bridge.














July seemed to try and make up for the drought in April/May. So many rainy days. Or maybe it just seemed like there were so many rainy days relative to the complete and utter lack of rainy days earlier in the spring...









The path on the North side of the Chief Mistawasis Bridge - apparently only for cyclists...? 





As if anyone's paid any attention to that sign...



Stub intersections along McOrmond Drive that just end in fields - presumably for planned future developments...?



Lies. I have yet to see any wildlife on that section of road.



curb cut/ramp that lines up with pedestrian sidewalk, but not the bikeway...? Who designed this!?



Diving bird.



Again with the Pelicans.



Someone repainted the Canada flag at the weir with First Nations Medicine wheel! I kind of like the look of it. It has since been repainted with the maple leaf...





Rode downtown one weekday afternoon for a quick errand and Sweet Jiminy - there were bikes locked up to just about EVERYTHING... "No one rides downtown" they keep saying... do THEY not have EYES!?



Rain.







I'm always a little surprised, when going to medical clinics in town, at the complete lack of parking for bicycles - but always parking for multiple cars... You'd think as health practitioners they'd be promoting healthy life styles...



Ended up having to lock up to a street lamp down the block...



I did note that the Chiropractic clinic and Wellness Centre across the street had a bike rack!



Riding with the kids.





Riding with the kids again







AS with everywhere in this city, if the sign on the barrier says "road closed" people just move the barrier and/or drive around it.













This developed into a really nasty storm! That's actually all dust carried on the wind - I just about got blown over a couple times. Made it home just before the hail!!



Wind kicking up whitecaps on the river.



It blew over a tree!



Riding with Keira to her first day at Girls Rock Camp! Or... maybe this was a trip to the library...?





More trees blown over.





Yeah, I totally got rained on five minutes later. And I got SOAKED!



Dark skies over downtown.



Really dark.



Like SUPER dark!



The geese don't seem to mind.





halfway through the month... weight loss has plateaued...



Part of the Balirmore Bikeway. Unfortuatnely there's this chainlink fence along the length of it denying access to the big box mall at Confederation - unless you cut through the Burger King drive-thru...?





Trains and grey skies..







Last day of Girls Rock Camp! Keira was guitarist in a band called Independent Feminist Unicorns!





Mmmmmmm... Güd....



Dragging the boy out for another ride. Seriously, he'd never leave the house if I didn't MAKE him... Teenagers...





explored a new pathway out by Aspen Ridge.



lots of flowers along the path.





the bikeway is kind of narrow - much narrower than a standard multiuser trail. On the other side of the street there is another, similarly narrow cycle track along with a concrete pedestrian sidewalk. I'm feeling like this was originally designed as a directional cycle track. Unfortunately it abruptly ends a short way down... and there are often pedestrians on this track as there is no sidewalk for them on this side of the street - but this side accesses the Northwest swale...



Downtown for a check up with the Orthodontist.











dammit... that's 102.2Kg. (About 225lbs)... lost 12 Kg (25lbs) in June, and NOTHING in July - despite riding way more! WTF!?


4 comments:

  1. Wait, you got an Instagram? That means that you must have gotten...a cellphone of some sort? (Smart one, even?)

    (mind blown)

    -Shawn
    https://urbanadventureleague.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! No, I just figured out a way to post stuff from my computer (using Develop/User Agent functions of Safari).

    ReplyDelete
  3. (mind unblown)

    Wait, you still signed up for Instagram and Twitter...

    (mind half-blown)

    -Shawn
    https://urbanadventureleague.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, all the cool kids were doing it, so....

    ReplyDelete