Sunday, June 2, 2019

May Rides

Whooosh! May felt like it just FLEW by!



I did get out for a few more rides... but not nearly as much as I'd have liked...


Year so far... not terrible, I guess...



The beginning of the month it was still chilly - chilly enough to still be wearing jackets and helmet liner and mittens... but not so chilly that we couldn't sit on broadway and eat a cookie!



At the start of May the city started doing some work on the Sentaor Bukwold Bridge. Not sure what they're doing exactly.



Jackets. Mittens.



after, I think, the driest April on record, we finally got a bit of rain in May.



And that started turning things green.



Spotted the OTHER Orange Yuba one evening at the UofS PAC.




Keira thought that was rather funny.



More green. the week before this was like a tunnel of sticks.



Still wearing jackets.



Heading out somewhere with the family.



They've built a little tunnel for bikes and pedestrians to pass through the work area at the Sentaor Bukwold Bridge - which I thought was really nice. In previous years they would have just closed it off entirely with a fence and a "closed" sign and we'd just have to go six blocks out of our way to get around it and ride down 19th - which is not-so-fun...



If you look close the family's all there. I think they were headed to broadway to get Finnegan some new glasses and I was heading Downtown to the library...?



After the library I went on a little ride around the Mewassin Trail - and spotted this little woodpecker.



I can never remember which are Hairy and which are Downy...?



This little guy started me (and almost got run over) when it decided to shoot across the pat him front of me.



flowers blooming



Pelicans returning.



So... one day after I'd dropped Keira off at the PAC for dance, I thought I'd go for a little ride up and around the new north bridge. I only got half way to the bridge when the front tire blew off the rim!? (this was my first ride out on the Fargo and the tire had gone totally flat and I pumped it up, but I'm guessing I totally didn't check to make sure it was seated properly!) Luckily it seems there was no damage to either tire or rim, but when I went to change the tube and get the tire back on I realized I didn't have the key to get the wheel off!? So I had to hike back to campus wheeling my bike. I found it easiest to hold it upright balancing everything over the rear wheel.



I think I was about 6-7km from the dance studio... these shoes are not really ideal for walking that far...



So glad I wasn't further - or I may not have made it back to the studio on time.



Luckily Amanda was still in her office - working late! - and she had a key so I was able to repair the front wheel and at least ride home from there.



The hares are out and about in force.



and changing colours.

There are so many in town now it's hard to go for a ride anywhere and not see a few running around!



Cello and two violins on the Yuba.



Hauling them all to the kids violin lessons as I've been working on a few duets with Keira.



Goslings!



Sunset behind the Remai Modern.



Beavers!!



I love our river...



Always running into critters when out on rides.



There have been large fires in Northern Alberta - so big some of the smoke made it all the way here the other day!



Keira was marvelling at the pinkish-orange light of the sun being reflected off the water.



We were making our way over to Broadway to drop something off...



Then took a ride along the trails to the south bridge.

Well... that's it for May...

No comments:

Post a Comment