Monday, April 1, 2019

That Time of Year

It's gotten to be that time of year... the time when we dig all the bikes out of the garage and see which bikes still fit which kids and if we need to get any new bikes for either of them...



Yeah... too small... someone needs a new mountain bike.



She tried out Amanda's Scalpel and.... it doesn't fit too bad. Considering how the both of them are growing like weeds, I'm sure she'll be totally needing some sort of Adult small mountain bike by mid summer.



She did also throw her leg over Finnegan's mountain bike and that's an option...



I totally thought this would fit him for a few more years, but this is with the seat cranked as high as it will go, and at the bottom of the pedal stroke he has pretty bent knees!? Darn these kids!!?

 

So I actually had him try the Surly 1x1 I set up a couple years back... and it kid of fits him. I could probably put a shorter stem on there to dial it in a bit better for him. I don't think he ever really uses gears anyway....



AS mentioned in the previous post, we figured it was time to get Finnegan a new city-riding bike... while we were digging things out of the garage, I pulled this one out of the rafters for him to try out. It's an old Bike-E that my mom had picked up to try out and hasn't been ridden for years...



It was a completely different sort of ride than anything he'd tried before, but it's definitely an option...



I also had The Girl try out Amanda's old Soma cross bike - which I'd set up for Finnegan to use for gravel riding last year. Seems like she might be moving up to this - because the old Jake 24 was tiny last year and not even ridable this year...



Might get a slightly shorter stem for this one as well... but otherwise not looking too bad...



This is what Finnegan's looking like on the Soma...

Of course if The Girl take over the Soma for dirt road adventure rides, What will Finnegan ride...?



I had him throw a leg over my old Surly Cross Check (which is in need of some repair!) but that's looking like a definite option for him as well... Might have to find a new rear wheel and throw a derailleur and shifter on there for him... Or... Not... He's one of those kids that likes to just put a chain into one gear and then just ride in that one gear ALWAYS... so... maybe a single speed might work out for him....?

No comments:

Post a Comment