Monday, August 7, 2017

Long Weekend Ride

It's a long weekend here in Saskatchewan and we got out for a shorter ride on Saturday afternoon. We were a little worried it was going to rain most of the weekend and we wanted to get in a ride before all the trails got muddy again. Amanda's also in a rampage about getting organized for our upcoming Kitchen renovation, so a short ride is all I could convince her to go for. Still, short ride is better than no ride at all, right?


Nuthin' fancy or new, just stuck to stuff we were more or less familiar with. We headed to the trails south of the city on the east side of the river (G1 & G2) as they are the quickest and easiest to access. 


Amanda huffing and puffing - not having been out doing any sort or riding like this, she was really feeling out of shape. The 10km ride to work and back every day just isn't the same as mountain biking. 


Amanda even took a picture of me just about to eat it (I crashed about 2 seconds after this picture was taken). For some reason she didn't feel the urge to take a picture of that! (I would have! Okay maybe I wouldn't have taken a picture of Amanda or the kids crashing... but if it was a big goof like me doing something stupid like I was... I totally would have) 


Stopping to do that thing partway through... 


...and having a snack. 


Climbing up trails by Diefenbaker Park on the way home... 


...and tearing back down them!


Another short twisty, turny trail near Gabriel Dumont park...



...and that was it. We were out for just under two hours.

Like I said; better than no ride at all....

No comments:

Post a Comment