Friday, June 29, 2007

The Bike Pile

I've aquired a few old beaters over the years. Some have been given to me by their owners, others salvaged from the dump, etc. I have no room to store them indoors anywhere so they remain outside. Some I've stripped of parts, others I'm not sure quite what to do with them. None of them are currently rideable. I just can't stand seeing them rust in the dump. They'll proabaly have to make their way back there someday... this was the state of them a winter or two ago...

1 comment:

  1. I went through a pile of old, non-rideable bikes at my in-laws last summer (for something to do). I think they had some 7 or 8. In the end one bike was rideable with some minor repairs, the others didn't seem worth the cost or effort.

    I stripped off some parts that I may or may not use some day (derailleurs, pedals, a good rim, etc). Good thing we didn't have room in the car to take them back with us, otherwise I'd have the same bike pile as you in my backyard!

    ReplyDelete