Monday, October 5, 2020

Monday Afternoon Ride

It's was a grey fall afternoon out there, threatening rain, but I decided I'd been sitting inside too damned long and got out for a quick ride up and down the Meewasin Valley. 


20Km. Mostly paved. Little bit of single track. 

Section of Spadina South now closed to motor traffic - making this a very wide section of the Meewasin Trail! 

It's nice, not only because there are no longer cars trying to dodge around all the people walking and running and riding bikes and skateboards and whatever on the road... but also because leaves fall across the road and aren't blown away by the first speeding car that passes by. 

Little bit of single track. Also with leaves. 

My ride for today. Added the handlebar bag as I was carrying a little sketchbook and some pens and watercolour pencils - in case I felt the urge to stop and do some outdoor sketching. In the end it was a bit breezy and cool and I was a little worried I might get rained on before getting home if I lingered too long. 

My concern for rain was all for naught, as I've been home for hours now and it still hasn't rained...

Train Bridge. Fall Colours. 

Downtown. 

Karen's Bench. 

New logs on the beaver dam - they've been BUSY. But no beavers in sight today... 


No comments:

Post a Comment