Thursday, April 20, 2017

Shadows






Thursday Morning 6:30am
-4°C (Windchill -7°C)
Mist



I met a shadow on the road today.

I couldn’t help but laugh and think, “Hey look - it’s a shadow of my former self!”

(I know, corny and cliched… but....)

A shadow of a former self that was in somewhat better shape.

A shadow of a former self that got up every damn morning at FIVE am to meet friends at six and ride for an hour and half.

A shadow of a former self that thought nothing of getting up on Sunday morning and riding 100 Km on a 54x22 fixed gear!?

A shadow of a former self that was damn near 20kg lighter!

(yes, Kilograms – we’re in CANADA… We use METRIC… get over it!)

(also, 20 Kg doesn’t sound nearly as bad as 40lbs)

A shadow of a former self that didn’t get passed by old people on TOWNIES?!

(In my defence, I was keeping pace with a ten year old who was riding a brand new bike… and they had electric assist motors!)

A shadow of a former self that wasn’t always so anxious and depressed ALL THE FUCKING TIME!?

Hello shadow, it’s good to see you again. It’s been too long. We should do this more often. 


No comments:

Post a Comment