Friday, July 25, 2008

Kip the Kabbie

I got an email from my friend Kip the other day saying he was now in the pedicab business and looking for bookings – so of course I had to try that out… I was planning on going out to a movie with Amanda the next evening so I booked him to pick us up.

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version)


He arrived right on time and uh… drove? (rode? hauled? Not sure what the appropriate verb is there… pedicabbed?) us over to the Roxy Theatre.


…and at quarter to nine when the movie ended he was there to take us home! How's that for service!


Amanda enjoying the ride. She had no idea I had organized this.


Action shot of Kip the Kabbie!

Honestly it’s five blocks and we could have got there almost as fast walking – but it was loads of fun and I’m all about supporting any business that does it’s business by bike!

Kip rides on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays until the end of August. He can also be booked for special events (weddings or whatever…). You can contact him at: kipluce@hotmail.com

There’s another fellow named Pete that rides other times (he’s the one that owns the cab) and they share a cell: 281-3329

2 comments:

  1. looked around your blog for the first time tonight. wow tim, you've got a thing for bikes. like a real thing for bikes. wow.
    glad you enjoyed the ride in the rickshaw,
    kip

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that was Kip! I thought that he looked familiar. Usually I see my neighbor Pete on the Pedicab, so I was suprised on Friday to see someone else.

    Good to know that the "coverage" has increase.

    See you on the road.

    don cook

    ReplyDelete